The Warehouse Worker Resource Center is seeking an experienced Senior Organizer to grow the leadership of warehouse workers by developing and carrying out strategic campaigns for a growing and dynamic nonprofit organization.
About the Warehouse Worker Resource Center
The WWRC is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of warehouse workers and their families through education, advocacy and action. We educate workers and community members about their rights in the community and the workplace. We support workers with administrative claims and refer workers to legal support when they encounter legal violations at work. We work on local and statewide policy, and campaign for justice in the supply chains of major retailers.
We also operate the Ontario Justice HUB, a shared space of eight organizations in Downtown Ontario that also provides a space for organizing and education among communities of color and workers in the Inland Empire.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, and sustaining organizing committees of warehouse workers in strategic warehouse facilities in the Inland region to take collective action for improved working conditions and standards.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing and maintaining relationships with workers in warehouses.
- Effectively conduct worksite and house visits.
- Support Organizing Coordinator in training and leading organizers, community activists, and worker activists in organizing.
- Participate in development and execution of strategic campaign plans with the goals, strategies, and tactics necessary to carry out the plan.
- Build relationships with community and political allies to support campaigns, our members, and organizational goals.
- Manage accurate worker lists, database, and charts, and provide regular and accurate reports to Organizing Coordinator and Executive Team.
- Create leaflets, talking points, and other materials for campaigns.
- Prepare workers to publicly share their stories.
- WWRC is initiating a new membership program. Senior organizer will have a role in developing this program, including conceptualizing structure, recruiting members and developing members to create an accountable and dynamic structure for this membership.
- Minimum three years successful experience organizing in union, worker center or community context. Experience leading organizers a plus.
- Experience building, organizing, and maintaining committees in multi-racial workplaces or communities.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
- Experience developing talking points, preparing workers for media and administrative interviews, and strategic use of social media.
- Strong listening and facilitation skills.
- Much of our organizing is incorporates wage claims, health and safety complaints and other administrative processes and legal issues. Experience with administrative processes and legal frameworks including NLRB, OSHA, California wage and hour law, discrimination, and retaliation are highly valuable.
- Familiarity with Southern CA/Inland Empire community is a plus.
- Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Required to have a working vehicle and valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time salaried position. Salary dependent on experience. Fully paid medical, dental and vision provided. Generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Senior Organizer will report to the Organizing Coordinator.
WWRC is an equal opportunity organization. Women, people of color and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com