Based in Ontario, CA
The Warehouse Worker Resource Center is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist to develop and execute a create communications strategy that centers workers and supports a growing and dynamic nonprofit organization.
About the Warehouse Worker Resource Center
The WWRC is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of warehouse workers and their families through education, advocacy and action. We educate workers and community members about their rights in the community and the workplace. We support workers with administrative claims and refer workers to legal support when they encounter legal violations at work. We work on local and statewide policy, and campaign for justice in the supply chains of major retailers.
We also operate the Ontario Justice HUB, a shared space of eight organizations in Downtown Ontario that also provides a space for organizing and education among communities of color and workers in the Inland Empire.
As the communications specialist, you will….
- Help set communications strategy, oversee day-to-day communications for the WWRC and lead strategic conversations with staff, partners and worker leaders.
- Help set topline messages that knits together the WWRC’s priorities
- Collaborate closely with staff members of the WWRC to propose creative strategies to help achieve organizational goals
- Execute the full communications strategy including digital (website and social media), earned media and internal communications
- Regularly audit the WWRC’s media presence, social media reach and overall effectiveness of our communications program to strengthen our reach and power
- Be a resource to colleagues and members about communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Nimble, campaign minded, fast and focused
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media including experience with media relations in a relevant area (labor, regional, political)
- Commitment to social and racial justice
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a team to meet organizing objectives
- Tactical familiarity with most of the following: social media, online advertising, email marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, social listening, web design
- Experience project managing innovative and impactful projects whether on video, web or social media
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience developing sharp, compelling communications materials including digital content
- Spanish language capacity a plus
This is a full-time salaried position. Starting salary $58,500-65,000 DOE. Fully paid medical, dental and vision provided. Generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Communications Specialist will report to the Deputy Director.
WWRC is an equal opportunity organization. Women, people of color and LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org