About the Warehouse Worker Resource Center
The WWRC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the thousands of workers in the supply chains of major retailers across Southern California through education, advocacy and action. We educate workers and community members about their rights in the community and the workplace. We support workers with administrative claims and refer workers to legal support when they encounter legal violations at work. We work on local and statewide policy, and campaign for justice in the supply chains of major retailers. We also operate the Ontario Justice HUB, a shared space of eight organizations in Downtown Ontario that also provides a space for organizing and education among immigrants, communities of color and workers in the Inland Empire.
The Communications Coordinator will play an essential role in development of communications strategies to complement worker and community campaigns to hold major employers and developers in the goods movement sector accountable for poor working conditions and environmental impacts in Southern California.
The Communications Coordinator will maintain all digital and earned media activity for the organization. This includes strategy, messaging, graphic and digital, and execution. The Communications Coordinator works closely with WWRC’s organizing department, legal department and programs to brainstorm and execute creative, hard-hitting advocacy campaigns, engaging earned media in support of campaigns, writing email, web and social media copy. Responsible for developing earned media relationships and strategy in support of WWRC campaigns.
This is a newly created position that requires an experienced, strong strategic thinker able to meld a variety of campaign strategies into a comprehensive organizational profile.
- Lead the development of WWRC’s earned media and communications in support of strategic campaigns.
- Support staff and worker leaders through media training, preparation, talking points development and production of communications materials.
- Support Executive Team in producing regular communications to a variety of audiences including funders, members, community allies, and policymakers.
- Produce and maintain strategies for community engagement in time of COVID including online worker and community engagement, digital literacy programs and skills development.
- Manage and implement online digital strategy, including crafting audience-specific messaging, prioritizing key online communications channels, and developing digital tools and tactics.
- Curate and create digital content for various channels, including the website, blog, e-newsletter and social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- Craft and manage a strategic and dynamic editorial calendar for WWRC’s regular communications.
Required / Desired Qualifications:
- Commitment to achieving social justice, worker rights and racial justice through workplace organizing.
- Strong writing skills and experienced in producing a variety of written communication forms, styles and tones.
- Experience developing and executing social media engagement strategies across various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.)
- Ability to be creative and responsive in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, etc.) and some HTML a plus, but not required.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple work streams and relationships
- Experience developing and implementing a communications strategy for organizations, campaigns and programs.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with diverse actors and organizations, and ability to work collaboratively in deep and sustained coalitions
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a team-based environment and independently
- Professional level spoken and written Spanish language proficiency.
Salary and benefits:
- Full-time position (100% time): salary based on experience; $60,000-$65,000 annually. Full family health insurance including dental and vision.