Based in Ontario, CA
The Warehouse Worker Resource Center is seeking an experienced Campaign Coordinator to bring together warehouse workers, community allies and Inland Region residents to support our campaigns and programs.
About the Warehouse Worker Resource Center
The WWRC is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of warehouse workers and their families through education, advocacy and action. We educate workers and community members about their rights in the community and the workplace. We support workers with administrative claims and refer workers to legal support when they encounter legal violations at work. We work on local and statewide policy, and campaign for justice in the supply chains of major retailers.
We also operate the Ontario Justice HUB, a shared space of eight organizations in Downtown Ontario that also provides a space for organizing and education among communities of color and workers in the Inland Empire.
WWRC is leading a major collaborative organizing and policy campaign with labor and community partners focused on building power and tangible tools for low wage workers, especially Black and immigrant workers in the warehouse and logistics sector. The Campaign Coordinator will develop and implement strategies for community engagement, empowerment and The Campaign Coordinator will support development and implementation of organizing and policy campaigns in support of warehouse and low wage worker rights, tools and opportunities.
- 5 or more years experience in worker or community based campaign strategy, development and implementation.
- Experience building, organizing, and maintaining committees of community members and workers in multi-racial workplaces or communities.
- Experience leading campaigns and projects for social, labor and economic justice.
- Experience with policy development, advocacy and implementation, especially in labor and community development contexts.
- Strong organizing and facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with Southern CA/Inland Empire community.
- Ability to work varied hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Required to have a working vehicle and valid driver’s license.
This is a new, full-time salaried, permanent position. Salary dependent on experience, range $60,000-70,000. Fully paid medical, dental and vision provided. Generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
WWRC is operating mostly from home due to stay-at-home orders. Campaign Coordinator will work from home as able and also safely participate in in-person activities when needed.
Campaign Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director and Executive Director.
WWRC is an equal opportunity organization. Women, people of color and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.