The Warehouse Worker Resource Center is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator to anchor our Los Angeles County operations.
About the WWRC
The Warehouse Worker Resource Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving conditions among low-wage workers in the goods movement sector of Southern California through Education, Advocacy and Action. We organize workers in the warehouses of the largest retailers in the world to take action to change the conditions across the supply chain. We also advocate for public policy to improve working conditions in the supply chain. Based in Ontario (San Bernardino County), the WWRC has also operated in Los Angeles County for the past three years and is looking for an experienced leader to anchor our growing LA County operations.
The Program Coordinator will:
- Expand WWRC organizing, policy and educational programs in Los Angeles County.
- Develop strategic relationships with community members and organizational partners to benefit warehouse workers.
- Manage, direct and implement worker education programs for low-wage workers.
- Assist workers with wage claims, health and safety complaints and other administrative actions, both in support of campaigns and as part of clinics.
- Help develop strategic vision for organization, especially for LA programs.
A qualified candidate will have at least five years experience with organizing, advocacy and education with low-wage workers. Highly qualified candidates will also have experience with wage and hour, OSHA and other administrative regimes. Other valuable skills include Strategic Research, Grantwriting and Policy Advocacy, and Spanish Language capacity.
The Program Coordinator will work out of WWRC satellite office in Los Angeles area with regular travel and occasional assignments to our headquarters in Ontario. Vehicle and drivers’ license required. Salary DOE, family health benefits provided.
Women LGBTQ and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org