Warehouse Worker Resource Center
Los Angeles Program Coordinator
Based in Los Angeles, CA
The Warehouse Worker Resource Center is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator to lead our worker education, community organizing and strategic enforcement work in Los Angeles County.
About the Warehouse Worker Resource Center
The WWRC is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of warehouse workers and their families through education, advocacy and action. We educate workers and community members about their rights in the community and the workplace. We support workers with administrative claims and refer workers to legal support when they encounter legal violations at work. We work on local and statewide policy, and campaign for justice in the supply chains of major retailers.
We also operate the Ontario Justice HUB, a shared space of eight organizations in Downtown Ontario that also provides a space for organizing and education among communities of color and workers in the Inland Empire.
Program Coordinator – Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate health and safety and wage and hour clinics for low wage workers in coordination with WWRC legal team.
- Support the development of wage and hour, health and safety and other administrative and legal action against employers in coordination with organizing team.
- Lead civic engagement and policy in support of policies that benefit workers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations, government agencies, legal resources and other partners.
- Develop and implement curriculum and programs to support long-term engagement of workers as members in the organization.
- Experience organizing, supporting and mobilizing low-wage workers.
- Dedication to social justice and community development through organizing.
- Familiar with workplace health and safety issues including Cal/OSHA regulations.
- Familiar with wage and hour law and rights in California.
- Understanding of immigration, workers’ compensation and other areas of law in California.
- Minimum 5 years experience in social justice movement.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
This is a full-time salaried position. Salary dependent on experience. Fully paid medical, dental and vision provided. Generous vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays. This position is full-time exempt and required to work long and irregular hours including work on weekends and on holidays as necessary.
LA Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
WWRC is an equal opportunity organization. Women, people of color and LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org