WWRC is part of a powerful Civic Engagement Collaborative called Inland Empowerment along with eight other community organizations based in the Inland region. Inland Empowerment is hiring a full-time coordinator to help us execute our very exciting plans for the next year and onward. Please apply!
Job Title: Inland Empowerment Collaborative Coordinator
Reports to: Inland Empowerment Steering Committee
Status: Full-time Employee
Applications Due: December 8, 2017
To apply submit an electronic cover letter and resume and to: firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject Line: Attention Inland Empowerment Coordinator Search Committee
Inland Empowerment is a collaborative of community-based organizations based in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties including ICUC, CCAEJ, WWRC, COPE, CNC, IREN, California Partnership, and TODEC. We envision a region of civically engaged residents dedicated to building political power and leading the creation of diverse, healthy, safe, and thriving communities. We do this by engaging under-represented and long-ignored communities as voters, vocal stakeholders, and leaders in order to build political power needed to revitalize the Inland Region. Over the next 5 years, our strategic goals include the following:
Goal #1: Build a base of 100,000 voters from disenfranchised communities across Riverside and San Bernardino County through coordinated GOTV campaigns among low-propensity voters of color and year-round voter engagement campaigns that integrate with ongoing organizing campaigns of Inland Empowerment organizational partners.
Goal #2: Advance a comprehensive, vision, narrative, and policy platform that is unique to the Inland Region and that builds support for progressive policies that improve the lives of IE residents and transforms the predominant IE narrative from deficit to asset-based.
Goal #3 Build a leadership pipeline and ongoing support structure which includes relevant skills, personal development, and political consciousness so that grass roots leaders have the tools and support needed to represent their own communities in positions of leadership and influence.
Our Collaborative is seeking a full-time coordinator (40 hours per week) that would work closely with the Inland Empowerment Steering Committee to support us in achieving our mission and vision. Candidates who are from the region are strongly desired.
- 5 years of community organizing, policy advocacy, organizational management, and fundraising experience
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the Inland Region
- Experience building alliances across race and building multi-racial teams
- Experience in collaborative facilitation, leadership development, and technical assistance training with a diverse set of leaders and organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice
- Knowledge and experience in community-based civic engagement and best practices in electoral outreach to new and occasional voters.
- Strong writing abilities
- Coordinate monthly meetings of the Steering Committee and Full Collaborative partners, including co-developing agenda with Steering Committee Chair, on-site meeting logistics, communication, and follow-up
- Coordinate Technical assistance trainings-hire facilitators, plan space, and oversee agenda development
- Help plan, organize, and facilitate annual retreats
- Ongoing communication with Inland Empowerment partner organizations and other key stakeholders in the region when appropriate
- Develop and implement annual work plan and budget to achieve strategic goals in partnership with the Inland Empowerment Steering Committee.
- Develop and coordinate voter engagement plans in partnership with the data manager
- Identify and facilitate decision-making around strategic opportunities for collective action
- Identify and facilitate decision-making around strategic opportunities for resources coming into the Inland Region.
- Facilitate fundraising of annual budget, including grant-writing, organization of funder presentations, and facilitation of steering committee efforts.
- Facilitate distributions of grants and contracts to Inland Empowerment organizations for capacity-building and voter engagement programs.
- Maintain operations systems to be in compliance with 501C3 electoral activity regulations and support partner organizations to do the same
- Oversee hiring of contractors on an as needed basis for data analysis, communications, data management, etc.
This is a full time position. Compensation will be competitive and will include medical, dental, and retirement benefits and travel compensation.
This position reports to the Steering Committee of Inland Empowerment.